navigation

Monday, August 20, 2012

taco seasoning.

we love mexican.
it's my second favorite cuisine, behind italian.
so making my own taco seasoning was a no brainer.  the sodium in the store bought stuff is insane.  no thank you!  it's just so easy to make your own, and in the end, cheaper too.  
you need:
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (or if you don't want spice, omit)
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp salt

mix all of the spices together and store in an airtight container.  i use 3 tbsp per 1 lb meat.  i double, triple or quadruple the recipe depending on how much i want to make!
 
skinny & clean taco salad recipe coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. I need to do this. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy and so much better tasting. I personally think it has a TON more flavor!

      Delete

You're going to leave me a message? Awesome, I'd love to hear from you!