navigation

Monday, June 18, 2012

Monterey Chicken & Roasted Potatoes

First & foremost -- I was off blogger all weekend, we were SUPER busy, so when I logged on today and noticed I've finally reached 100 followers, I was so stoked.  I try to not worry about the numbers, b/c that's not why I blog, but hey, let's face it, I was pretty darn happy.  So I want to thank each and every one of my readers.  I've met some amazing people and appreciate & adore all of you! 


I pinned this chicken recipe from here and have been meaning to make it for weeks.  I finally made it, and it was good.  I mean what's better than chicken, bbq sauce, bacon & cheese?!  Nothing that I can think of except a big ol' hunk of warm chocolate cake with an extra large scoop of ice cream.  But let's get back to the subject at hand...


You Need:
4 chicken breast
1/2 c bbq sauce
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c bacon bits
2 sliced green onions

5-6 diced red potatoes
2 tbsp light butter
olive oil
garlic powder 
S&P

Easy, easy, easy.  That's my motto, as you all should know by now!  First, dice all your potatoes and place on a large piece of foil drizzled with olive oil and a spoonful of water.  Throw your pats of butter on top.  Season with garlic powder, salt & pepper. Fold up the foil and "tent" the potatoes.


Put your potatoes in your oven, preheated at 400.  While they are cooking, grill your chicken breasts.  I used my george foreman grill, love that thing!  OH, I marinated my chicken all day in Gazebo Room Lite dressing, FYI.  But you can omit that, or use any marinade you prefer.  Sooo, after grilling, place your chicken on a foil lined baking sheet.  Spread your bbq sauce over the breasts, top with the cheese and bacon and bake until cheese melts.  Top with your sliced green onions and you're done.  By that time your potatoes will most likely be done.  Pierce them with a fork and if they're tender, they're done.  If not, cook them for a few more minutes.  Once they are nice & soft, dinner's ready, dig in!


these potatoes are versatile - majorly.  this is only ONE version.
we make these with old bay & lemon juice, crushed red pepper, just evoo, S&P, the options are endless.



1 comment:

You're going to leave me a message? Awesome, I'd love to hear from you!