navigation

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Run.

I despise working out.  I hate going to a gym.  I have nightmares about doing crunches.  But I love running.  I love it.  I love the challenge, and the feeling of having to push myself.  Running isn't easy, but for me it's worth it.  I'm not going to pretend I always want to go run, I don't.  There are days when I've planned to run and have to force myself to leave the house.  But once I do, that feeling fades away.  It's my alone time, my time to reflect, my time to listen to my music, my time to have all to myself.  

One of the things on my bucket list is to run a marathon.  That won't happen anytime soon.  It's way too much time invested in training, and at the moment I don't have that kind of time.  But I am doing my first 10K on Sunday and I'm way excited for it.  I have only ran 5K's so far, so this will be a good challenge for me.  
these sweeties came in the mail last week - love 'em!
 I've been training for my 10K, but I've also had a major burn to my hand, been on vacation, have battled multiple colds and strep throat, so it's been trying.  I can definitely finish and run the entire time, but I feel like I might be a snail.  Time doesn't really matter though, as long as I can finish that's what I care about.  Challenging myself and taking that next leap.  
my motto!
What's your exercise of choice?  Do you love it or do it just because?  Have a favorite workout playlist?  Please share.  I run to a shuffle on my iPod with a BUNCH of random stuff, or I'll listen to Pandora - Whitney Houston and Wilson Phillips are favs - gotta love the 90's :)




3 comments:

  1. Good luck in the 10k! I have been trying to get into running but I have a knee issue that keeps flaring up. (So annoying!) I usually listen to I Heart Radio, but sometimes I'll go back to playlists on my iPod that I made like 5 years ago and it's really fun to reminisce.

    Cute blog!

    Catherine
    FEST (food, style & travel)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm super excited/nervous about it! I feel ya, I've had a lot of injuries from running, the best advice I have in that department is go slow! Yeah, old playlists are the best, that's for sure :)

      Delete
    2. OH, and I'm your newest follower, I'd love a follow back!

      Delete

You're going to leave me a message? Awesome, I'd love to hear from you!