navigation

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fresh Tomato Angel Hair Pasta

This was dinner tonight.
Mmm, so good.  Oh, and so easy.

You Need:
1/2 box angel hair pasta
1 c chicken stock
3 c cherry tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
parmesan cheese
olive oil
salt, pepper & basil

 In a food processor, blend up 3 cups cherry tomatoes and two cloves pressed garlic until it gets to your desired consistency.  I made my meal with my pampered chef deep dish baker, BUT if you're doing yours without one I'll give you those directions as well.  While I was preparing the tomato/garlic mixture I cooked my pasta.  Just add about a cup or so of chicken stock to the baker and add half a box of angel hair pasta.  Cook in the microwave(yepp, ya heard that right.) for 8 minutes.  If you're not using this just cook your pasta as you normally would(I still suggest cooking it in chicken stock, but what I suggest even more is investing in this deep dish baker!).  
 Once the pasta is done, add your tomato mixture and pop it back in the microwave for a minute or two.  Or throw it in a pan on the stove with a lid for 5 mins.
 Take it out, add a few drizzles of olive oil, salt, pepper and some parmesan cheese(use however much you want, I used quite a bit!)
 Stir, stir, stir.
 Serve with more cheese on top(my #1 rule: you can never have too much cheese)
OH so good.
Oh, and add some basil on top, if you have fresh use it, if not use the dried stuff.
And then you will have this(after seconds of course.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

You're going to leave me a message? Awesome, I'd love to hear from you!