navigation

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Strawberry Gooey Cake

I have a love of things gooey. 
 If you do too, not only is this post for you but make sure to check out Gooey Cake Part 1 and Gooey Cake Part 2
So technically this would be Gooey Cake Part 3.  Another delicious version of the Gooey Cake that has changed my world of desserts.  This one might be one of my favorites.

You Need:
1 box vanilla cake mix
ingredients to make the cake
1 1/2 lb fresh strawberries
1 tbsp sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tub cool whip

Step One:  Bake cake according to the box.  Very complicated, I know.
 While that's baking, trim 1 lb of your strawberries and  pretty much pulverize them any way you can.  In a blender, food processor or if you have some aggression just mash 'em until you feel better about life.  I chose to use my manual food processor and it worked like a charm.  Add the strawberries to a saucepan with 1 tbsp sugar and cook it on low until it gets syrupy.
 Like this!
 Once your cake is done let it cool for about 5 minutes, then poke it with holes, the more the better.
 Pour your sweetened condensed milk and strawberry syrup over the cake.
 Let it cool in the fridge completely then top with the cool whip and some more diced, fresh strawberries.  
Mmmmm it was SO darn good.  Perfect for a springtime dessert, fresh and yummy!

*I sprinkled mine with white chocolate chips to add another element, but they really couldn't even be tasted so I'd omit those next time.*


No comments:

Post a Comment

You're going to leave me a message? Awesome, I'd love to hear from you!