navigation

Saturday, March 10, 2012

"Spasagna"

Stole this recipe from Plain Chicken and boy is it good!
It made enough for dinner and I froze another whole meal of it.  I love recipes like that, two meals in one!
I had company too, and they all definitely approved.


You Need:
24 oz spaghetti

32 oz mozzarella cheese, grated (yes - 2 lb of cheese)

8 ounces ricotta cheese

8 ounces sour cream
1 1/4 cups half-and-half
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese , divided
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1 jar (26oz)spaghetti sauce
1 lb italian sausage or ground beef

 While you're spaghetti is cooking mix together all of the ingredients with the exception of the parm.  Only put in half of that!  Mix, mix, mix.
 Stir in your cooked pasta until it's totally coated.
 Once that is coated, put it into a 9x13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.  Now I divided mine into two smaller baking pans and froze one, so if you do that, just spray both pans and add in your mixture.  Sprinkle the rest of your parm over the top and cover one to bake and cover one to freeze.  Two meals in the time of one!  Now bake it at 350 for 30 minutes and top with your sauce.  I had sauce frozen that I made myself, but with the recipe above you just cook up your meat and add it to the sauce then let it heat through.  
Done.  Delicious.

HAPPY SATURDAY! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

You're going to leave me a message? Awesome, I'd love to hear from you!