navigation

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Huevos Rancheros

I'm a huge fan of eggs.  Not just for breakfast.  I love an over easy egg over asparagus.  Break the yolk and let it pour over the veggies.  Sooo good.  I also once ate a burger with an egg on it.. DE-lish.  So tonight I tried a new dish that I've never had.  I don't know why I waited so long to try it, it was super simple, one of my favorite cuisines(mexican), and involved eggs.  Triple threat.  The following recipe is for two...

You Need:
1 can black beans, drained
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp oil
1-2 tsp lime juice
4 flour tortillas(small)
1/2 c sharp cheddar cheese
2 eggs
salsa
cilantro

In a small saucepan combine the beans, garlic, cumin, chili powder, oil & lime juice.  Mash them up with a potato masher to desired consistency and heat through

  While those are heating, start "toasting" your tortillas.  In a large pan add a quarter size circle of oil, heat over medium heat and add two tortillas.  Once they start to bubble, flip.  Do this to all of your tortillas.

 Once your have those done, spread your bean mixture over two tortillas, top with your other two tortillas, and lastly sprinkle with cheese.

Set those aside and crack your eggs in the same pan over medium heat.  Let them cook to over easy, then place on top of your tortilla stack.

   Top with salsa and cilantro.  Eat.

Oh, and crack your yolk and watch all that glorious gold goodness pour over your creation.

 
 We didn't stop there.  We splurged on this amazing tub of gelato(it was $6, and that is a splurge for us, considering it's now gone...).  It was worth every penny.  SO good.



Happy Weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You're going to leave me a message? Awesome, I'd love to hear from you!