navigation

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Shrimp and Asparagus Pasta

One of my all time favorite combos when it comes to pasta is shrimp and asparagus.  
Asparagus is one of, if not my favorite vegetable period.  So add that to carbs and it's a total home run.
This dish is easy, so it's a perfect weeknight meal too!
**One thing I want to make clear - most of my dinner recipes are made specifically for my family.  Two adults and one babe, so the servings are about 3-4 depending on if I want leftovers, just an FYI!**
What You'll Need --
1 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 c chicken broth
splash or two of wine
angel hair pasta
red pepper flakes
italian seasoning
parmesan cheese

 Simple, tasty ingredients.  Most you'll have on hand.
 Pour yourself a glass of the wine to enjoy while you cook!
 To start, get your pasta cooking in a large saucepan.  I used about half a pack of smart taste angel hair pasta.  While that's cooking saute your shrimp(season with salt & pepper first!) until almost cooked through.  Set aside.  In same pan pour tbsp of olive oil in and saute your garlic until it's golden.  Next add the diced tomatoes, wine and broth.  Let simmer for about 5 minutes.  Add your asparagus and cover, let simmer for another 10 minutes.  
 Remove the lid and add your shrimp, italian seasoning(about 1/2 tsp) and your red pepper flakes(about 1/2 tsp) Josh thought it was HOT.  I thought it was just right, so alter that according to your own tastes.  
Place your pasta in a bowl and top it with your sauce and some parmesan cheese.  Now dig in!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You're going to leave me a message? Awesome, I'd love to hear from you!