navigation

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hello from Paradise!

Greetings from Paradise!!!

It's our first day in sunny, beautiful, WARM, Sanibel...  
We left Harrisburg Int'l Airport yesterday at 3:30.  It was Max's first flight.  He did awesome.  He got a little restless toward the end, but overall did great.  We had a layover in Charlotte, had a quick dinner then began our second leg of the trip.  We got into Fort Myers, FL around 8, waited for luggage(Max was practically delirious from lack of sleep at this point), waited for our car, then 2 hours later(ugh!) finally made our way onto the island of Sanibel.  Our condo is AH-mazing.  We went right to bed, at this point it was closing in on midnight.  The latest I've stayed up for months.  

I woke up this morning to the blazing sun coming up over the Gulf of Mexico.  Watched the waves crashing as I had my coffee, and ate my breakfast to the sound of the water.  Perfection.  We took a walk on the beach, found some shells, chased some birds, and put our toes in the freezing cold water.  Then hit up the pool where Max had the time of his life.  He is definitely a water baby.  Now we're back at the condo, eating lunch on the porch watching the beach and the pelicans fly by.  I could definitely get used to this.  

It's paradise.

The view from our balcony

Max enjoying the sand in his toes

Our little fam <3

Gulf of Mexico

Some sort of beach bird

Max & Daddy(aka my MAIN MEN)
Little man enjoying the beach

Max & Momma <3

Putting our toes in the water (it's sooo cold!)

Beach Babe

Chasing sea gulls

Look at those blonde curls blowin' in the wind!

This is the life......
Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You're going to leave me a message? Awesome, I'd love to hear from you!