navigation

Monday, July 30, 2012

texas caviar.

a few years back i had this funky sounding dip called texas caviar.  it blew me away how fresh & delicious it was.  ever since i've been making it and tweeking it to my own tastes, just aiming fro the perfect combo.  well i found it.
you need:
2 cans black beans, drained & rinsed
2 cans corn, drained & rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 can chopped green chilies or chopped jalapenos
2 bell peppers, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, pressed or chopped
1 c fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 c red wine vinegar
1/4 c oil
1/4 c lime juice
1/2 tbsp cumin
salt & pepper to taste

empty your canned ingredients & chopped up ingredients into a large bowl.  add your liquids and spiced and mix until combined.  chill.  serve with tortilla chips.  

now if you're lucky enough to have leftovers, they're amazing all on their own.  i'm actually looking forward to having my "salad" tomorrow.  make this for your next get together, it's a huge hit!


2 comments:

  1. That sounds delish! I might make it for my brother's graduation party this weekend! Thanks for sharing! I love corn. period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it, it was a huge hit and the leftovers are sooo yummy :)

      Delete

You're going to leave me a message? Awesome, I'd love to hear from you!