navigation

Monday, May 21, 2012

greek chicken pitas

After a weekend at the beach which consisted of cookies, pizza, Doritos and wine, I really wanted something fresh, light & delicious for our first dinner back home.  These were sooo easy, and honestly I really really loved them.  


You Need:
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
cucumber, sliced thin
cherry tomatoes, diced
kalamata olives, pitted
feta cheese
greek dressing(I used Gazebo Room Lite)
pocket pitas, halved


I marinated my chicken in Gazebo Room for a few hours, then grilled my chicken.  After it was cooked I shredded it.  After that, it's pretty much just assembly.  In a bowl I put my chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and cheese.  I tossed all of that with some of the greek dressing, then placed the mixture in my pitas and poured the remaining dressing that was in the bowl on top.  That's it.  Seriously, it's so easy, basically all you have to do is grill and shred chicken.  The rest is just a little chopping and assembling.  They were so light and so flavorful.  Did I mention how easy they were to make?!



No comments:

Post a Comment

You're going to leave me a message? Awesome, I'd love to hear from you!