navigation

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Icing

The only good thing about an over ripe banana?  You get to make banana treats with it.  Typically I make banana bread so I can schmear(yes, that's a word..) cream cheese all over it.  So today I decided to switch it up and make a banana cake with cream cheese frosting.  Stepping it up I am.



You Need:
Cake --
6 oz plain greek yogurt
2/3 c sugar
2 tbsp light butter
2 ripe, smashed bananas
1 egg
1 c flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
Frosting --
1 stick light butter, softened
1 bar cream cheese, softened
2 tsp vanilla
5-6 tbsp confectioner's sugar

Preheat your oven to 375.  Cream together your yogurt, sugar and butter until smooth.  Add in your banana, egg and vanilla and combine.  Add your dry ingredients and beat until well incorporated.  Pour your batter into a lightly greased baking dish(I used 13x9).  Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes, or once a toothpick in the center comes out clean.  While your cake cools, make your frosting.  Combine butter, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth.  Add confectioner's sugar and beat until creamy(taste at this point, and if it needs more add it).  I like my cream cheese frosting very cream cheese-y, so 5 tbsp was good for me.  Once your cake has cooled and has been frosted place in refrigerator for at least and hour, preferably overnight.  The last step I added in because when this cake was first out and iced, I ate it and while it was good, it wasn't that good(yet I ate two pieces..).  But today when I had a piece after it was in the fridge overnight - perfect.  Loved it sooosososo much more!  So just do it, or have some then, and then some later like me!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm!



1 comment:

  1. yum- I'm totally making this next time I have over ripe bananas

    ReplyDelete

You're going to leave me a message? Awesome, I'd love to hear from you!