navigation

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Warm Day Dinner

It was so warm out the other night, we had to grill out.  We also were craving something a little tropical, a little different.  So I went to my Pinterest yummm-o board and got searching.  Island chicken and cilantro lime rice - perfect!  It was light, fresh and just what we wanted.

For the chicken we used boneless, skinless thighs.  It's all about the marinade.  
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 1-2 lemons)
1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic, finely minced
½ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2-4 chicken breasts

Mix it all together, add your chicken and let it do it's thing.  I let mine marinade all day long.  
Grill it up - DONE.


Now for the rice...
2 c cooked brown rice
1/2 c lime juice
1/8 c olive oil
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp cilantro, roughly chopped


Cook your rice.  I suggest ALWAYS cooking rice in broth(whatever flavor you have/want).  It gives it so much more flavor.  Add your liquid mixture and cilantro and mix it until the rice is coated.  I let mine sit for a few minutes then to get the flavors going.



I ate leftover rice with homemade salsa for lunch the next day and it was just as good reheated!




No comments:

Post a Comment

You're going to leave me a message? Awesome, I'd love to hear from you!