navigation

Friday, February 3, 2012

Chicken Tacos

So I'm sure you all remember the chicken from the other night.  Well I was trying to think of something new to make with it, jazz things up a bit!  So I thought I'd do chicken tacos.  They were super yummy!  

You Need:
shredded chicken
taco seasoning
3/4 c shredded cheese(I used sharp cheddar)
taco shells
Taco Fixin's:
homemade salsa(or store bought, but home made is SO much better)
guacamole
anything else you like on your tacos!


 In a large pan add your chicken, enough water to cover it about halfway, and a packet of taco seasoning(I make my own, so I used probably 1-2 tbsp).  Just let it simmer on medium heat until there is hardly any liquid left.  Add your shredded cheese and let it get all nice and melty.  

 Add the rest of your toppings, and you're done! 
 A quick, fresh, healthy weeknight meal.  In under 15 minutes!  

The salsa recipe is from HERE.  I made it this afternoon, it was SO simple.  I didn't have jalapenos, so I used chopped green chilies, and I didn't have Rotel tomatoes so I just used two cans of diced tomatoes.  I also didn't use a blender, I used my Pampered Chef manual food processor and it worked like a charm.  I had this made in under 15 minutes too and have a ton of extra leftover.  It's DELISH, you will never want store bought salsa again!

Happy Weekend!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

You're going to leave me a message? Awesome, I'd love to hear from you!