navigation

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sweet & Savory

Steph over at Plain Chicken posted this recipe last week.
I immediately pinned it and knew I'd be making it ASAP.
One of my favorite combos is sweet and savory, and this is just that.
So Saturday morning I made this(it's very quick & easy!) and everyone loved it!!

You Need:
Rollups
8 breakfast sausage links
1 pkg crescent rolls
Buttermilk Syrup
1 1/2 c buttermilk
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c butter
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
 Brown the sausage links, but don't cook them the entire way through(we made extra and dipped them into the buttermilk syrup - OMG!)
 Unwrap your crescent rolls.
Wrap up your links, then bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.  
While they're baking, get started on your buttermilk syrup.  Don't skip this part.  It might seem like a great idea to just heat up some store bought syrup to use for dipping.  DON'T DO IT.  This stuff is way too good, and you can keep the leftovers in the fridge for up to a month.  In a large saucepan melt your butter, then add the buttermilk and sugars.  Bring to a boil over medium heat.  Once it boils remove from heat and stir in the baking soda & vanilla.  After this step it will bubble up like below.  This is normal, and once it cools the bubbles will go away.
 This is the point where we started dipping the extra sausage links in the syrup.  I really suggest doing this.  The syrup is so delicious.  I kind of wanted to drink it.  Just kidding.  Sort of!
 Once the rollups are done - pour the syrup on them.  Generously.
As you can see, mine are sort of floating in the syrup, and I made sure my plate was clean.

Make these very soon, and let me know how much you love them!




No comments:

Post a Comment

You're going to leave me a message? Awesome, I'd love to hear from you!