navigation

Monday, January 16, 2012

Eggplant, it's what's for Lunch

Do you like eggplant?  I wasn't sure either.  It looks funny, feels funny and even kind of smells funny.  But I gave it a shot because the deep purple was just so pretty under those fluorescent lights of the grocery store!  Once I got home I realized I never really cooked an eggplant. So off to Pinterest I went.  I reverted back to my favorite new website, skinnytaste, and got a loose idea from there.  So here is lunch, my faux eggplant parmesan.  Quick, easy, and only 4 ingredients.  I sliced my eggplant into 1 inch slices and placed them in an ungreased pyrex pan.  I poured some of my favorite pizza sauce on top(I am smitten with Don Peppino's, but use what you like!).  Then I topped it with a 1/4 cup of shredded mexican cheese.  This is all I had on hand, it would be good with mozzarella, cheddar, whatever.  Cheese is cheese, it's melty and delicious and can do no wrong.  I did another layer of eggplant, sauce & cheese, covered and baked it at 400 for about 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.  Right before serving I sprinkled on some fresh basil, and there you have it!



I'm now and official eggplant lover!  If you're counting calories, which I am, you can eat half of the entire recipe for about 265 calories.  I could have easily eaten it all, it was that good. 

Happy Eating,

Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're going to leave me a message? Awesome, I'd love to hear from you!