navigation

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cheesy Ooey Gooey Enchiladas

You would think that after eating four of the yummies from my last post that I'd want something healthy & light for dinner.  Well, that's not how it's going down today.  It's a snow day, a day to splurge, a day of chocolate, sugar, cheese & more cheese.

This recipe was one I made up as I went tonight.  We had leftover refried beans and diced chilis that I knew I had to use up, so those were my inspiration.  First I browned a pound of ground beef, added some taco seasoning and water and let it cook down.  Then I added 5 slices of american cheese.  Weird cheese choice?  Not really.  I wanted something that would make it creamy & gooey, and not many cheeses can accomplish that.  And if I'm being honest, it's all I had, but it turned out GREAT.  After that melted in I added 2 tbsp of the diced green chilis.  Then I prepared my tortillas.  I used whole wheat topped with a smear of refried beans, then added a spoonful of my meat mixture.  Wrapped them up and placed them seam side down in a 9x13 baking pan.  I poured a can of mild enchilada sauce over & topped w/ some more shredded mexican cheese - voila, done!  I want to start making my own enchilada sauce, I have a recipe I've been dying to try.  Next time.... :)  I baked them at 375 until they get bubbly and looked done.  Very technical, huh?  I take things out of the oven when they're bubbly and look done - so sue me.  This meal could easily be doubled or tripled and would definitely freeze well.  



Happy Fiesta-ing,
Linds

P.S. Has anyone considered natural deodorant?  If so, did you make it?  If not, why not?  I made a batch tonight, so stay tuned, I'm going to product test this one before sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're going to leave me a message? Awesome, I'd love to hear from you!