navigation

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Reflection

Today on my lunch break I went home, changed quick and set out for my run.  Only to realize that I left my iPod at work - I always run with my iPod.  I considered going back to work for it, but decided I'd run, de-stress and reflect instead.  Amanda @ Raising Miss Mommy did this the other day, although I think hers was an intentional run and reflect, unlike mine being more like "bad luck".  But in the end I'm not only so glad that I did it, but am going to continue to do it at least once a week.  

It was a gorgeous day.  70 degrees, sunny, blue skies with white puffy clouds.  Birds were chirping, wind chimes chiming and it was perfect.  So I started running, listening to all these beautiful sounds.  Reflection began, as I ran through my neighborhood I started realizing how unbelievably lucky I am.  I live in a nice neighborhood where I can grow my family and we can all live happily and safe.  I am alive on a gorgeous day and am able to run and be outside to feel the warm breeze on my face.  I felt lucky to have an amazing family, and amazing friends.  An amazing home, job and life.  Who knew how many things you realized when you run outside on a lovely day without music?!  I'm sure that every time I run and reflect it won't be so perfect and positive.  Lots of times I'll probably rehash every single annoying person I've come across that day, or every little thing that went wrong at work.  Hey, you can't get a perfect day all the time, can you?  If I can get one day like today out of 50, I'll take it.  

You don't have to run - just reflect.  Take a walk, sit on your porch, lay in bed.  Just do so in silence and nothing to distract you but your own thoughts.  

Happy Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You're going to leave me a message? Awesome, I'd love to hear from you!