navigation

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Homemade deodorant, yay or nay?

Nay.  For me anyway.

I got the idea from One Good Thing by Jillee, and it seemed like a great idea.  I made it and tried it out for a week, but it just wasn't cutting it.  I am a sweater, not a drenched in sweat sweater, but apparently when I don't wear antiperspirant I get a little moist in the pits.  Is that TMI?  Sorry.  The bright side is even though I wasn't feeling totally dry all day, I didn't smell!  SO as a deodorant I give this a 10 out of 10.  If you're not a sweater, try this out, it's cheap to make, smells yummy & is actually a really great idea.  

All you need is:
1/8 c Baking soda
1/8 c Corn starch
2-3 tbsp Coconut oil
Essential oil(if you want scent)




Mix it all together and store in a leak proof container.  For the record, this is NOT a solid deodorant.  It's more of a lotion-y deodorant.  I just applied it as I would a lotion and it rubbed right in.  

Stay dry my friends :)


PS - stay tuned, YUMMY eats coming your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're going to leave me a message? Awesome, I'd love to hear from you!